Work pays the rent and pays for the essentials in life. But good work is fun and has a greater purpose. At BLUE ICE we aspire to have great work: pursuing the sports we love, creating great product with amazing people, and doing so in a style that we feel good about.
If you are passionate about the mountains, skiing and climbing, AND are experienced, fun, creative and ready to work hard in a small, but growing company, then send us your cv with a cover letter (or even a video, how cool would that be!). Tell us what you are good at and how you could help us grow into the best outdoor equipment company we can be.
Please send your resume in digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we are an international team, we appreciate if you can write your communications in English.
Title: Softgoods Designer/Developer
Posting Date: May 2020
Starting Date: ASAP
Job reporting : Softgoods Director
Location: BLUE ICE Europe, Les Houches (74), France
Position Summary :
BLUE ICE is looking for an energetic and experienced Senior Softgoods Product Designer/Developer, to join its backpack and climbing harness focus product team based in Chamonix.
We are seeking a candidate who is both creatively and technically minded, who enjoys the processes of developing products, solving problems related to construction, process management, and sourcing, and ensuring that products are designed and developed to carry out the Brand Vision and DNA. This position is for an experienced professional in technical sewn products and will work under the Softgoods Director. This position takes place in a small and highly specialized teams in which each individual is expected to be able to carry their projects from the brief to commercialization.
Focus on function and performance first, our mission at Blue Ice is to develop distinctive world class mountaineering products that intend to disrupt the status quo.
Main responsibilities :
- Responsible for the creative design and execution of segments of the seasonal softgoods collection
- Work closely with a concise group (Line manager, product team, sales & marketing, head management) to define briefs and directions
- Translate these briefings into conceptual design ideas
- Ensure that the balance between innovation and commerciality of the product offering is maintained
- Lead product design reviews, create and present seasonal trend and color overviews at design meetings
- Ensure that its designs are on brand and meet the needed cost and margin requirements
- Generate and maintain all technical documentation, including Product instructions, color specs and CAD files
- Collaborate with athletes, ambassadors, field testing team, specialists, and other inputs to ensure the products are exceeding our customers’ needs
- Manage development of multiple styles from design to commercialization
- Communicate and follow up with Suppliers/Factories on all development, status, and production deadlines/logistics
- Keep development on schedule
- Ensure timely and accurate data required at calendar milestones
- Responsible for cost review to meet target FOB prices and profit margins
- Review, validate and approve costing information throughout the entire creation process
- Work on all fabric/trim development, daily development questions, and lab dip approvals
- Coordinate and maintain material specifications to meet standards for quality, and performance
- Manage the development status reports and maintain records to track project timeline
- Maintain accurate information and update BOM’s as needed
- Work on all sampling status and distribution
- Bachelor Degree in Design and/or relevant field of study
- At least 3 years of design experience, ideally in backpacks and/or PPE products including climbing harnesses.
- Experience in product development and manufacturing processes
- Advanced skill level in Adobe package like Illustrator, Photoshop… and CAD software.
- Knowledge of backpacks market, colors and trends
- Extensive knowledge of target users and related needs and values
- Fluent in English
- Very good presentation skills
- Excellent ability to sketch and communicate design ideas
- Open-minded, self-driven with the spirit of creating best in class product and designs.
- Highly organized team player with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time
- Comfortable with an international teamwork structure
- Requires some domestic and/or international travel
- Good social skills
- Mountains are your playground and part of your living aspirations
Please send your resume in digital format to email@example.com.